Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's Almost Official

Next week I will become officially old.

It's not age that makes a person old nor is it an attitude. It's a value system and an annoying little habit. I don't think I'm the only person who find this trait annoying. The trait or habit is being too frugal and always wanting to talk about a bargain.

"Look at my new tool. I got it at Save-A-Little for only $3. Charge-a-Lot has them for $10,000 but I got a bargain. I went shopping for one and . . . blah, blah, blah."

Annoying!

For the last several years I've bought an annual national parks pass. Last year I paid $80 for the pass. Next week I will qualify for a lifetime national parks pass for only $10. On my birthday to get my pass I plan on taking off from work early and driving to . . . blah, blah, blah.

See, I'll be officially old.

I'll be old enough to collect social security but I'm not interested. I want a lifetime national parks pass for only $10!

Seriously, I've been looking forward to this for about a year. I don't remember it but I must have talked about it last March when my sister visited. Yesterday I received a birthday card with a $10 bill. What the heck? We don't do gifts. I read the card and she said it was for the pass.

Now I have an even longer boring story. "Yep, I got a free lifetime national parks pass. That's right free. You see, my sister . . . blah, blah, blah."

This is exciting. Life just keeps getting better.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

Yea, you're right, what do you need a social security check for, huh? Look, let me make it easy for you; just send that pathetic monthly stipend to ME, THE Michael, and I will put it to good use so you don't have to!

I mean, hey, what are friends for, after all?

12/10/2008 01:28:00 PM  
Blogger Buffalo said...

Ten bucks for a lifetime pass is one helluva deal.

12/10/2008 04:15:00 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Congratulations on becoming old. Lot's don't, and many that do are not in your great condition. Enjoy, my friend.

12/10/2008 06:20:00 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

Happy Birthday!

12/16/2008 04:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home